LARABA Meeting Minutes May 2009
Board Meeting Minutes
May 4th, 2009
ArtShare L.A., 6:30pm
Present: Jonathan Jerald, Joseph Pitruzelli. Mark Free, Tim Keating, Ed Fuentes, Steve Allwright, Bob Scott, Kathryn Hargreaves, John Saslow, Diane Arterian
- Meeting called to order: 6:38
- Approval of Last Meeting (March 30) Minutes: John proposed amending to include an indication that Ed Fuentes was awarded the prize ($500) for logo design. Other winners were F. Miles, $75.00, C. Day, S. Vhong, $50.00
Ed moved to approve, John seconded, passed unanimously.
John moved to approve minutes from Monday, March 2nd. Steve seconded, unanimous approval
- Public Comment: None
- Old Business:
- Welcome new board members: Joseph Pitruzelli, Edgar Varela, Elizabeth Peterson
- Discussion of Padua Playwright’s Loan of $5000: Previous minutes reviewed and it was determined loan is not due to be repaid until October.
- New Business:
- Downtown Dog Rescue request for $1000: no one present to speak for this item: discussion deferred
- Event committee/planning committee to be assigned for two upcoming events:
1. Meet Your Community Leaders Art Show: scheduled for June 4th: Discussion: agreed by consensus to move to third week in September, Mark Walsh to take the lead in organizing
2. Joel Bloom Memorial Block Party, scheduled for Saturday, July 18th: Discussion: this will happen as scheduled, LARABA to sponsor, agreed by consensus: Jonathan and Joseph to coordinate with Jan Perry’s office, solicit vendors, obtain permits
- Next meeting scheduled for Monday, June 1st, same time and place: everyone reminded meetings are always the 1st Monday of each month at ArtShare and all board members should note that in their schedules.